Oct 23, 2009

Remembering Simba


Simba, our beloved kitty of 15 years went to heaven today. Everyone has their opinions on if animals go to heaven however for this moment in time we believe a cat as special as Simba is. Everyone who knew Simba couldn't believe how happy he was all of the time ~ he truly purred more than any cat we have known. Simba was also a very caring cat. When anyone was sick or upset he knew and he was always there ~ watching over who ever needed some extra TLC at the time:) Simba was hand raised from the time he was two weeks old and a true sweetheart. We gave Simba to Jordan for his 2nd birthday. Jordan promptly picked Simba up, looked at him, then put him in the net of his Little Tyk*s basketball goal that he had just been given. Simba quickly formed a bond with Jordan and every night for 15 years would find Jordan when it was time for bed and go to tuck him in for the night. I have to say he was also the best "study buddy" anyone could ask for! When I began nursing school for my ASN he would sit right next me for hours at a time ~ this continued years later for my BSN and even now during my MSN ~ this cat has definitely earned an honory degree in nursing! While we know he is no longer in pain saying goodbye is never easy. We will always love you and miss you Simba.

4 comments:

Vivian said...

My sweet friend,
i'm so sorry to hear about Simba. I know how much you loved that cat!
I will be praying for you all!
Hang in there!
Alycia

Joanne said...

Teresa,
Having had seven cats during my life time, I so know what you mean about Simba's specialness to you and your family. We went about a year and a half catless before Molly found her way into our lives and it just reinforced how much I love cats. You will always treasure the memories.
Hugs,
Joanne

Amy said...

Oh. Of course animals go to heaven. Of course. I am so sorry. What a fitting tribute. How is Jordan doing?

Annbellinski said...

He is very handsome! I'm so glad you had 15 great years with him. You wrote a very nice tribute.

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs