Jul 27, 2010

Bursting with Excitement...the announcement!!

As many of you know God called me into nursing 17 years ago; trust me this was a true calling because I didn't have any desire to become a nurse. I argued with God daily for three months explaining to him that He had chosen the wrong girl! Finally, I applied to a wonderful Christian nursing school, as a wife and mom to two little boys, both under the age of three and that is where my nursing story began; other than being a wife and mom this is where my true passion is. All of my nursing educational career has been spent in Christian education from my ASN, BSN and as of this week my completed MSN:)

While I learned a lot over the past two years where I was previously employed as an instructor, and met people I will consider friends for a life-time, it was very challenging for me to work as a nursing instructor and separate God from nursing when I was instructing our future nurses of tomorrow. Though I had discussions with a Christian nursing school, as we were in the middle of adopting Gabriella from China it was not possible to make the switch until she was home, yet God knew the desires of my heart.

I'm now officially working in a Christian school and I'm loving every single bit of it!!!! I feel I'm exactly where God has called me to be and I truly love what I am doing and feel extremely blessed to be where I am....did I mention I'm also working part time so I'm home with our new little princess more...I truly wouldn't change a thing!! I want to thank God for allowing His perfect timing in blessing us with Gabriella, truly the perfect daughter and sister for our family and allowing me to teach at a Christian University where I'm able to serve the God who called me into this wonderful profession so many years ago:)

7 comments:

Amy said...

Whoooo-hooooo Theresa! God is good. I was hoping it would be an announcement like that. Love the shirt! Marian is lucky to have you.

Mrs. Winn said...

What a blessing, on so many levels!
It's a beautiful thing to see God at work and bring all the little pieces perfectly together: Gabriella, your carrer- His calling.

Blessings,
Kelly

kelbel said...

Teresa,
So excited for you!!! It is always amazing how God knows the desires of our hearts and works them out according to His plan!!! You will be wonderful there!!!

Looks like we may be leaving August 12th!!!! Nothing confirmed so please pray the embassy clears us to go!!!

Love you all!
Kelly

Vivian said...

Woohoo!
Yeehaw!
Am thrilled for you my friend!
You will be a blessing to so many and
will be blessed in the process!
Love you!
Alycia

Rebekah said...

Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful how God works in our lives!

Steve n Coco said...

Wonderful, Teresa!! Congratulations and how awesome to see how God has led you right to where He wants you to be-- in your work and at home.

Be blessed,
Courtney

Steve n Coco said...

Wonderful, Teresa!! Congratulations and how awesome to see how God has led you right to where He wants you to be-- in your work and at home.

Be blessed,
Courtney

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs