Feb 24, 2012

Basketball Senior Night...Part I



Sixteen years ago Jordan began playing basketball at the age of two in a toddler

program.







To say this young man loves basketball would be an understatement.







When the doctors told us all the things he would never do because of his medical

 issues Jordan looked at us with a profound statement at the age of four after a

T-Ball game and stated "Mom, Dad I know why God made me to be kind of blind

in one eye."  Why, Jordan we asked.  "So when I'm playing second base I can see

 the guy who is batting with my good eye and also see if the guy on first base is

trying to steal"...and he was smiling from ear to ear.  I knew at that moment God

had remarkable plans for this little boy who was beating the odds!







Tonight, Jordan will be recognized at Senior Night with the basketball team.








The endurance Jordan has had in regard to basketball the last few years has been

 amazing!!






The strength that he has had comes first and foremost from God and his solid

relationship with him.






Secondly it comes from the incredible person that God has created him to be and

 we couldn't be more proud of this young man!




Lastly, our family is thrilled that Jordan is ending his high school career as a

Spartan, where he was born and raised for several years of his life and he is now

home, exactly where his heart has always been! You have been blessed with

incredible, Godly coaches, team-mates with integrity, on and off the court, and a

 school and church family who love and respect the dedicated, hard-working and

 wonderful Christian man that you are! We are proud of you Jordan and can't wait

to see the next chapter that God already has planned for you!







3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

**I'm** proud of him :) I love seeing nice young men and hoping & exhaling and praying that God can bless me with young men of faith and courage too!!!!!!

Rebekah said...

What an incredible story about Jordan! I had not realized that he is a senior this year.
I know you are so proud of him!!!

Sarah said...

so touching I got all teary-eyed!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs