Aug 9, 2009

Patience & Perseverance...

This morning our family attended church and we listened to a wonderful message about patience and perseverance. Have you ever tried to talk to an adoptive mom who has a daughter living half way around the world and told her to "just be patient". Be patient when you are finally ready to send your dossier to China and you find out that 5 of your 15 documents have "just" expired and they need to be renewed even though all the info is the same... Be patient when you hear of typhoons, flooding and earth quakes that are happening in her country and you just want her to be home where you can love her and protect her. I also know that Emily, a precious little girl who has been living with Gabriella in the same foster home will be leaving next week with her family. We are sooooo very excited for Emily and her family yet we know Gabriella will miss her.

Then there is that perseverance word. Yep, we all know it when there is something in our life that we wish we could press the fast forward button and have it behind us. For me that would be school. Though I love school, know I only have 4 classes left and a little thing called a thesis to write, I have to complete it to have my MSN and continue to teach nursing. After 4 years of being in school I'm ready to hear the music playing at commencement and know that my schooling is completed and behind me. Will it be worth it, yes it will ~ however I'm more than ready to use the time I spend studying playing with our beautiful baby girl, enjoying every minute I can with our boys and my hubby and oh the time with friends and family that has to be put on hold because of school ~ let's just say I will be very thankful when it is over:)

As many of you know when I face adversity I always believe there is a silver lining in every cloud and there is:) The Dr. who has had to rewrite and sign forms has been so very patient and to him I would like to say thank you! I now know people at the secretary of states office by name who authenticate our documents and it has been a pleasure getting to know them. Gabriella's foster parents are taking such good care of her in China and we will never be able to fully express the gratitude we have to them ~ they are amazing! China is also wonderful; first in allowing us to adopt our beautiful baby girl from their country and giving us an extension for our expired documents should we need it. And as for Emily who is leaving the foster home Gabriella is in, her mom and I have become friends, share the same nursing profession and only live 2 states away from each other ~ so the girls who are currently living like sisters half way around the world in China will be able to have some play dates here in America:) God is good:)

As the picture reflects Gabriella appears to be chilling out in China enjoying her cake and eating it too:) Her Daddy and I will get the 5 documents renewed that are needed this week and then our dossier will be completed and hopefully whisked away to China ASAP:) I will write another paper for school today and know that it brings me one step closer to graduation and it is one less paper I will have to write when our baby girl is home with her family where she belongs:)

1 comments:

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Teresa,

Lovely blog! Our DTC date was 080309. It is sooo hard to wait...especially when you have seen your child's face. Wishing you all the best. I am looking forward to all your updates.

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs