Jan 11, 2010

Getting ready....

I have to tell you that Curtis is the one who took and requested we post this picture. Normally Gabriella's room is kept immaculate, I know for now, however I spent part of Sunday going through all of her clothes and assessing how many winter outfits she has as her province is in northern China and how many spring outfits she has as we will be spending our second week in the south part of China where the weather is similar to Hawaii. I'm quickly learning with girls that it's not just about the actual clothing but I also needed to have coordinating socks and hair accessories (hence the box in the middle of the bed). I'm a little stressed about the shoes as it's hard to go into a shoe store and tell them I need shoes for a 5 1/4 inch foot ~ they look at you a little strangely. My best guess is she will be wearing around a size 6 or so. I realize we can buy shoes in China however I just like to be prepared:) It's funny, when we go into Gabriella's room the animals get so excited ~ it's like they know something special is going on with that room they're just not sure what it may be! Rebel, our oldest cat is sleeping on one of her outfits ~ not the norm in our house however he curled up there when I left the room...needless to say we will be taking the tags off and washing all of her clothes before we leave for China next month:) After going through all of her clothes it looks like she is in good shape for the winter clothes however we may need a couple more spring outfits...hummm sounds like just a little bit more shopping!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Both shoes and spring outfits, you can buy in China. We bought Maggie a pair of shoes the day we got her and then I found her some spring clothes in Guangzou...but I know what you mean about being prepared. Considering they lost my luggage though, that just goes to show we never know what will happen! Can't wait for you to go!!

Steve n Coco said...

I love it!! I think this was my favorite part pre-adoption-- taking out all her clothes and mixing and matching!

btw, Denise (above comment) is right-- CHEAP clothing is everwhere in China. We actually did okay with just one pair of shoes the whole time (granted that was in the summer when the weather didn't vary much-- pretty much 200 degrees and 99.9999% humidity the whole time). We brought a size bigger and smaller than what we expected as well and ended up using the smallest pair... even those were too big!

Have fun!
Courtney

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs