Aug 22, 2012

Divine Intervention...Adahlyn and Gabriella




Have you ever had one of those moments in your life that you know, beyond a 

shadow of a doubt that God is intervening?  If you have, you know exactly 

what I'm talking about...if not, I pray that you can experience it in your life 

time!  In 2010 both of these girls lived in Taiyuan China, and both needed 

their forever families. 





Adahlyn was part of a wonderful Christian organization in China, New Day 

Foster Home that sponsors orphans. I saw this little girl and was totally 

captivated!  I watched videos of her, looked at all of her baby pictures they 

had on line, prayed for her and even asked our agency, ASIA, to find her file.  

ASIA looked for a few months yet was unable to find her file.  The week 

before we received Gabriella's referral God asked me very gently "Teresa, if 

ASIA calls with a referral I hope that you will at least open your heart and 

mind and consider the little one they call you about".  Two days later ASIA 

called with Gabriella's referral! When I looked at Gabriella's photo I knew 

beyond a shadow of a doubt she was my daughter; but my heart ached for 

Adahlyn, what if she was never adopted?  What if she didn't find a family?




Within 36 hours Alycia made a post on LCC (Loving China's Children) an 

AWESOME Christian resource for parents adopting from China.  She starts 

describing a little girl in China and that their family has been desperately 

trying to find her file for months and months!  The little girl she is looking 

for...Adahlyn!!!!!!!  At that moment tears filled my eyes as I knew, beyond a 

shadow of a doubt, that not only was Gabriella MY daughter but that Adahlyn 

had a mommy desperately looking for her!  God saw my heart rejoicing that 

we had Gabriella but breaking for this very special little girl that had captured 

my heart and he answered my prayers, she had a home, a family who already 

loved her and wanted her to complete their family!!!!!!  At this point Alycia 

and I met and began corresponding and developed a wonderful friendship!!  

She gave me all kinds of advice, at all hours of the night, about China 

adoption, flying over, what to expect etc.  She was and is wonderful!!!






Sophie, one of Adahlyn's older sisters, Gabbie and Adahlyn having a good time 

following  Alycia's birthday celebration dinner at P.F.Changs in Florida!






Alycia and I, with our girls!  The girls God created so perfectly, on the other 

side of the world, for each of our families!  What amazed us so much was how 

Adahlyn and Gabriella hit if off immediately!!  They sat next to each other at 

the restaurant, played on our cell phones and had a great time getting to 

know each other.  The entire meal I kept thinking to myself that only God 

could have intervened in both of our lives like this and blessed us each with 

such a precious gifts, our daughters!  I truly believe that Adahlyn was part of 

God's plan  and she helped lead us to Gabriella, and for this I will ALWAYS be 

grateful!!!







3 comments:

Vivian said...

Wow, friend~ this is an awesome post!
So glad that God brought us all together. Thanks for celebrating my birthday with me. It was the best ever. :)
Love you,
Alycia

Amy said...

God is so good... all of the time. Funny how that journey brought so many people in your life...and all the blessings that came with your daughter. What an amazing post T!

Tami said...

God's perfect plan indeed! So wonderful to see you all together. God is good!!!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs