Sep 24, 2011

Fall Festival...







Gabriella was very excited to take her first hay ride that was pulled by

 horses!!!





A family left their farm to the city as a dream for others to enjoy after they

were gone.  What our city has done with it is simply amazing!!










Gabriella and I were both fascinated with horses! 





The horses were nice but someone was BEYOND excited to go see the MOOOO

 cow...








When the cow moved close enough for Gabriella to pet it she could hardly


 contain herself...this girl loved the cow!!










As the cow walked away it began to moooooo...and someone thought this was


very funny!!





Love this picture of my girl!!!






An old fashioned tractor from way back....









The search for the pumpkin began...




and for some reason she felt she needed a gourd too!




While driving home Friday afternoon after teaching at the hospital I saw two


beautiful horses pulling a red wagon full of people down a huge country side


hill. I truly didn't know what was going on but I knew I wanted to find out. 


Signs said that a farm was having their fall festival.  Today I asked Curtis if


he would like to go check it out with me and he, Nicholas, Gabriella and I all


went.  When we pulled in we expected to have to pay for parking, pay for hay


rides etc, well, come to find out the entire event was free!  The previous


owners of the farm restored the farm so people can come and enjoy what farm


life used to be like and enjoy different activities through out the year! 




2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

You got some amazing pictures of your sweet girl at the farm!! I love your favorite too!

Heather H. said...

I LOVE all your great photos. We live in rural Maine where there are still many working farms that have different activities like this. In fact, I think this afternoon we will go check out the giant corn maze at Goughan's farm. We plan to do our pumpkin wagon ride in two weeks over Columbus weekend when my sister and family are coming to visit. While it's hard to say good-bye to summer and know the long, cold winter is coming, there are lots of fun fall activities to soften the sting. :)

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs