May 11, 2009

A fun filled Mothers Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day weekend:) Between God bringing us Gabriella Grace, my sister getting married on Saturday and a very eventful Mothers Day, we had a wonderful time:) Did I also mention I have a break from my MSN classes this week so that equates to being able to post more on the blog and I LOVE it!

As those of you who have boys know, they tend to show their love for each other with more physical contact with one another ~ as you can see they are having a great time and "wrestle mania" was just getting ready to begin ~ Bailey was even getting in on the action....speaking of action there was PLENTY of action while we were at the lake.

After we finished our picnic we were all laying on blankets talking about a variety of things ~ one of those things being what next year will be like having Gabriella home with us:) Before we know it Jordan feels something wet on his head and looks up to the tree above where we were laying. A bird had just "let loose" on Jordan's head! He was in total disbelief and ran to the restroom to wash his head in the sink ~ he was fine after he cleaned up.


We live on a pond and regularly have ducks in our back yard. Bailey, our golden retriever feels the ducks are his personal playmates when the boys are at school and enjoys chasing them...well, that is fine in our backyard....

Do you see the lady in black with her back turned to us? She is a very nice grandma to a little boy. She was standing on the ledge of the bank helping her grandson fish. As Jordan was walking back from his hair washing Bailey ran up to him...then right past him to chase the two ducks the lady was also feeding. Well, I think Bailey thought the game was duck, duck, goose as he chased the two ducks into the water as they loudly quacked and made quite a ruckus then he goosed the lady on the ledge and she came VERY close to falling in the lake!! When I tell people there is never a dull moment in our family ~ I'm being very honest! Thankfully the lady was laughing and ok. All in all a good time was had by all and it was an enjoyable day for everyone....well, everyone except the ducks.

1 comments:

Tami said...

Teresa,

Yes, I guess you had a VERY full, active and BLESSED Mother's day:-), indeed!! One you will ALWAYS remember.

I can so relate to the physical nature and activity of boys!!! For Mother's day, we went on a long hike in the wodds with our two labs and thoroughly enjoyed being all together. We commented that I'm glad we didn't get rid of our jogger stroller so we can bring Sophie along on these glorious outings when she's home with us...hopefully soon!!!!!

BTW....My first 'baby' was a golden named Bailey:-)....I was blessed to have in in my/our lives for 14 years....miss him terribly to this day.

I bet your feet are still hoovering off the ground as you walk these days....God is good!!!!

OX, Tami

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs