May 5, 2009

Jordan turns 16 years old today!


Sixteen years ago today, at exactly 8:00 am Jordan Tyler came into our world:) Little did we know as he was born to the opening music to ESP* Sports Center that he would be our little basketball player. I distinctly remember Curtis sitting next to the bed while we were in labor saying we should name him Jordan Michael... Though this little guy was born with some challenges and was very ill as a toddler, and the doctors told us all the things he would never be able to do, he has surpassed everyones expectations in all of his accomplishments and we couldn't be more proud!
*
When Jordan was 4 and playing t-ball he ran off the field and straight over to us. He said "Mom, Dad I know why God let me be a little bit blind in one eye. When I'm playing second base I can watch the guy batting with my good eye and I can see if the guy is trying to steal first with my other eye" (he has peripheral vision and can only see around the outer edges of in one eye). We knew at that moment in time, at the age of four, he was seeing the glass half full and he was going to do awesome!! We are extremely proud of his personal relationship and love for Christ, his determination to make the best of any given situation even when met with adversity and his desire to follow God and allow Him to direct his path in life that makes him such a wonderful young man. We love you Jordan ~ happy 16th birthday:)

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh Teresa....the comment Jordan made at 4 years old about his eyes just made my eyes instantly well up in tears!!! YES, I would say he's a born optimist!! What a wonderful story. God is so good!

Happy belated Birthday!!!!

kelbel said...

I can't believe he is 16!!! WOW! Happy Birthday Jordan! We will be watching for you on the roads!!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs