May 14, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

My friend Rebecca started a Thrifty Thursday post that I just LOVE. Each Thursday she is posting ways to save $$$. As we just received the referral of our *~daughter~* from China last week, we are definitely revisiting how to save our pennies.

With having to feed 3 growing boys, and my hubby, meal planning is key to saving money. I plan and fix new meals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. It may be crock pot meals, grilling out in the summer, dinners I've prepared ahead, frozen and can easily bake etc. Thursday is then known as "buffet night" at our house where we heat up all the extras from earlier in the week and each person can have what they would like. By eating everything from earlier in the week it allows me to clean out the fridge every Thursday and I'm ready to go to the store on Friday:)

Our family also enjoys bon fires in our backyard. On Sunday evenings when we are home and the weather cooperates we will have our dinner over the fire ~ hot dogs, pudgy pies, smores etc. As we eat pretty healthy during the week the occasional bon fire night feast isn't tooooo bad for us:)

4 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

I like this idea of the buffet night. I may have to try that. :) The kids would probably love it - getting to choose which leftovers they want! And since we always have leftovers, that basically saves buying one meal per week! Great idea!!!

We love to grill out in the summers too. :)

Rebecca

Amy said...

Love this idea as well. What a great tradition to bring Gabriella home to. ( I just LOOOOOVE typing that!!!)

Unknown said...

Just found you from Rebecca's "thrify" post. The buffet night idea is great!

kelbel said...

I miss do that with you guys!!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs