Oct 9, 2011

Are You My Mommy...




I knew the question would come...one day.  I just didn't expect it when she

just turned four.  It was during bath time.  We were playing and talking and

then out of the blue she looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes and

said "are you my mommy"? I paused, just for a second out of complete shock

and then my mind raced for the right answer; I thought back and remembered

how James Dobson always suggest you answer the question they ask...if they

want to know more they will continue to ask more.  I looked her right in the

eyes and said "yes, I AM your mommy". 








"Did I come out of your tummy like Daniel, Jordan and Nick"?  I replied, "No,

you were born in China and came out of your beautiful birth mommy's tummy;

she is a woman that we will always love and pray for..she gave mommy the

 most precious blessing in the entire world...you".  Gabriella smiled and said

"You love me"?









I said "I love you with my whole heart...all the way to China and back"! 

Gabriella giggled, hugged me and said "Good mama, cause I wuv you too,

this much" and held her arms out as wide as they could go.









I don't know if I gave her the "right" answer according to all the experts on

the subject of adoption but I gave the answer that God put in my heart and

mind to say when she asked...and based off her response I believe 

she understood and knows without a doubt that, yes, I AM

her real mommy!

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh, these questions come at such a young age...so much for our babies to process and understand. I think you answered her question perfectly!

Annbellinski said...

How precious for you both! Good job!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Gorgeous pictures of you and Gabriella!!! I have not gotten anything like this yet! I think you answered it perfectly!

Sarah said...

big tears.... good job, Mommy!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Faith is also 4, and I don't think she has processed the concept yet. You did a beautiful job! I love the pictures of the two of you :) Hugs!

Vivian said...

Good job, Mama!
These questions will probably keep coming up. Just keep praying as you go along and the words will come.
Praying for you, me and all of us adoptive Mamas.
Love you!
Alycia

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs