Mar 20, 2012

Mommy, Why are My Eyes So Little...




"Mommy, why are my eyes so little" Gabriella asked as she pointed to her

 eyes as we were getting ready one morning. I said "what do you mean, your

eyes are perfect"! Gabriella said "your eyes are big like daddy and my

"brudders", but mine are little".





 




"Gabriella, when God asked us to be the mommy and daddy to a very special

little girl in China I prayed that she would have beautiful brown almond

shaped eyes, just like yours and pretty dark brown hair, just like yours".







"You mean God made me just how your prayed for me to be"?  "God made

you perfect, EXACTLY how HE wanted you to be and we couldn't be any

happier that He chose YOU to be our daughter".







"Sometimes I can make them really little when I get mad at my brothers".  "I

know Gabbie, we all know that special look you give us when you are mad".

 




"And Mommy, they get "weally" little when I smile and that means I'm

happy".  "Yes it does and we love it when you are happy and you smile"! 



4 comments:

Amy said...

Tissue alert!!!! I love this post... and that girl.

Annbellinski said...

You two are a perfect match! Such amazing love the Father has bestowed upon the both of you.

Mary said...

SI love your eyes Miss Gabriella. Miss you.

Rebekah said...

The sweetest post!!!
Love the answer you gave to Gabriella. She is exactly the daughter you were praying for!!!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs