Mar 26, 2012

A Photo That Will Touch Any Adoption Mother's Heart...



I was reading a blog that linked me to this article. I believe this picture will

 impact the heart of any parent who has adopted a child, especially in China.

The lady in the picture is carrying an infant who has recently been abandoned

by her birth mother.


While I know that Gabriella's birth mom took her to the best place she could

to make sure she would be taken care of as well as possible the article

discussed how may birth mothers leave the children at sunrise or sunset. I

wonder how long our baby girl was left alone? Did she have a full tummy and

was content when she walked away from the child that she carried within her

for nine months? Did she watch from afar to make sure someone took her

beautiful baby girl in to protect her and care for her? I wish I knew the

answers to these questions so I could one day answer them for Gabriella. I do

know that God has given me the answers each time she asked me such deep

questions for a young age and I trust that He will be with me when I need to

provide the with the answers I do have when she asked me about the day her

birth mom made the decision she did; which we are eternally grateful for!





On May 4, 2009 when I received information and this picture on my phone

from our adoption agency my heart raced with excitement and anticipation! 

We had prayed for years for the daughter that God had created for us in China

and when I saw her little picture I didn't have a doubt in the world this was

OUR daughter!




We will ALWAYS be eternally thankful to YeYe and Grandma China, as

Gabriella affectionately calls them, for loving our daughter from ten days of

life until she was placed in our arms at the age of 2.5 years.  Mei Mei Emily is

also in this picture as she too was loved and cared for by this same wonderful

family.  Thankfully, Emily's mom and I met on an adoption website as she

received pictures of "someones" baby girl in a picture with her beautiful

daughter. There isn't an question in our minds that God allowed our girls to be

raised together in China and that for the life they began there as sisters to be

continued in the United States.




Three weeks after Gabriella came home to her family in the United States the

two Mei Mei's were reunited and there was NO question that they still loved

and remembered each other!




We couldn't be happier that God blessed both of our families with two

amazing little girls.  We are thankful to the birth moms who carried our

daughters for nine months.  For loving them enough to make sure they were

taken to places they would be safe and would be found and someone would

care for them.




Our girls are very happy and VERY loved!!!!




Thank you to two remarkable women for giving us the daughters that our

families have prayed for.  We also pray that their birth moms will come to

know God so once we are in heaven we will all be reunited for eternity!



2 comments:

Heather H. said...

You said a lot of things that I have wondered or thought about myself. Truly, I try not to think about it too often because I find it painful, but I DO wonder about the actual time/circumstances of the abandonment. It's hard, and it is hard knowing what to say when she starts asking questions!

Mary said...

We love you guys. Emily asked about her mei mei Gabriella today! She is growing so much.

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs