May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend...













I confess...I forgot to take the camera to several things we did this weekend, however I did want to post at least a couple pictures:)  Our weekend was spent with some of our closest friends, Mark and Lora and their family and we had a wonderful time even though we had some crazy weather! Daniel, along with one of his friends, came up for the weekend which made it absolutely perfect!!

Saturday evening we went out to Pizza King for dinner (it's an Indiana thing) then came back to our house with all the kiddos...some of those "kiddos" are now in their 20's however it was awesome having all the boys and their friends, some of which they have known since kindergarten, all camped out in the great room watching movies while the parents, along with our girls, spent time out on the sun porch visiting and watching an unbelievable storm compliments of mother nature:) Sunday was not the "norm" around our house as I ran up to the hospital to meet with some wonderful nurses, "tour" the hospital I completed my nursing clinicals in many years ago and also served there as a nurse for seven years in the NICU prior to us moving to central Indiana ~ I will now be returning there to teach clinicals to our future nurses of tomorrow!  I can't even begin to put into words how incredibly blessed I feel to be home, back where our family belongs and where my roots  in nursing began so many years ago.  Life is good!!

 Monday was a beautiful day that we spent at the pool having lunch along with some wonderful family time together as well as meeting new families...one that had two daughters adopted from China who I can see we will be spending a lot of time with!  De told me all about the China adoption play group that is located where we have moved and there are over 80 kiddos and their families that attend!  We are VERY excited to get to know some families in the community that share the same bond and have answered the same calling that our family did when we brought Gabriella home:)  Monday evening was spent at our dear friends house for birthday celebrations and a cookout with lots of family and friends!!!  I hope you all were able to spend some quality time with your family and friends and were also able to thank a veteran or their family who so graciously has served our country!

0 comments:

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs