May 4, 2011

Two years ago today...

















Two years ago today I was out to lunch with a dear friend and ASIA's phone number popped up on my phone...I will never forget the words I heard "Teresa, this is Fe from ASIA, we have locked the file of a 22 month old little girl for you, would you like to hear more about her"?  YES I could not wait to hear more about her!  Fe was wonderful and sent all of her paper work to me via the computer then asked if I would like to see her picture ~ again ~ I all but screamed with excitement YES!!  Toni and I left the restaurant and ran back to the office to pour over her medical files; let me say it's wonderful working with nurses, as my colleagues were looking over everything with a fine tooth comb while I was so excited I could hardly even sit down!  Needless to say I was done working that day:)  I called Curtis so I could meet him and we would be together when he saw the picture of his baby girl...his words "she is precious..and she's in pink"!  I then ran over to our pediatricians office for him to review everything...an hour later I received a phone call from him "she's little but she looks healthy". I called ASIA with one question, which they called China to find out the answer and on May 5, Jordan's 16th birthday, we said YES, this our OUR baby girl where do we go from here?  Let the paper work begin!

This morning Curtis and I were talking and we both said it seems like yesterday that we received Gabriella's referral yet at the same time if feels like she has been part of our and our family's lives forever.  This precious little girl was without a doubt hand picked by God for our family and it becomes more obvious with each and every day!  I've had friends ask if Gabriella may ever have a little sister from China....I honestly can't answer that question right now; the door is not closed on that topic, at all, if it is God's will and He places the calling in our hearts as He did before, then we will follow His calling; if He does not, we will continue to advocate for orphans all over the world and do whatever we can to bring little ones home to their forever families.

2 comments:

Heather H. said...

:) Reading your words made me happy.

j-chin said...

Every orphan needs a home, I'm so glad that God picked your loving family for Gabriella, or perhaps, the other way round? ^^
God is awesome, all the time! Amen!

 
© The Time of Our Lives
CoffeeShop Designs